Hello and Please Help:)

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by lppint, Dec 4, 2017.

1. lppint

lppint New Member

Hey everyone, three months ago my family became the proud owners of our first Bernese Mountain Dog. His name is Reggie and he is the sweetest dog. I have a few questions, I would like to get some opinions on:
    1. We got him from Petland and he has Gardia. We our on our fourth round of antibiotics... Need answers on if there is something else we can do for him, and if this will ever go away! He is 5.5 months old and only 44 lbs, not sure if thats the Gardia or if there is anything we can do to get him bigger?
    2. Secondly I have been researching when to get him neutered, not wanting puppies from him. Everything I have read has said 1 year to 18 months, our vet said 6 months to avoid aggressive tendencies? What are your guys opinions?
    3. Last, looking for good food recommendations!
    Thank you guys in advance!

2. Maee4ever

Maee4ever New Member

Hello, I have a 9 month old Berner named “Kylo” he is 82 lbs and has not been neutered yet. We are waiting till 18 months. He is not aggressive because I am very loving but tough. He knows that every one in my family is the alpha. He listens very well and I take him to obedience class every saturday. It’s hard work but pays off. Since he was 8 weeks, he knows he can never walk through an entry way without waiting till all my family members pass first and always rings the bell to go outside. He is Avery happy, healthy dog because he knows he’s place. We love him to death but we are tough on him. People cannot believe how well behaved he is. I hope this helps.