Looking for a Berner / Rescue

Discussion in 'Furever Homes Wanted' started by dillardkelly, Oct 23, 2014.

1. dillardkelly

dillardkelly New Member

I am no stranger to this breed. We lost our sweet Shelby over a year ago and have been missing her so badly. We love this breed and would love to reach out to anyone that may be overwhelmed and looking for a new home for a Berner or possibly rescue a Berner. I know some folks get a Berner not realizing how much they eat or how destructive they can be.

We are open to either male or female but I would prefer a female.

I hope someone responds. I live in Georgia and it is very rare to find any breeders near us.

Thank you!

:eek:

2. aje196

aje196 Member

No rehoming here, but just wanted to let you know I'm in Georgia, too! I made my husband drive about 5 hours to get our puppy, but she has been worth it! Hope you find yourself a Berner soon!

3. dillardkelly

dillardkelly New Member

Oh boo. I'm hopeful someone will help me. I'd like even to find a breeder maybe with a litter soon

4. bernermom

bernermom Administrator Staff Member

Here... check out this link.

Rescue

You never know right?? :) Keep us posted. I will let you know if I hear of anything in any other groups.

5. aje196

aje196 Member

We got our Rosie from this farm. They were very nice and she's been great. They have a litter coming soon it looks like from a different set of Berner's. They use them for drafting on the farm there. We live about 5 hours from there so I was a little nervous buying a dog when we had no way to get there prior, but we were lucky and Rosie has been perfect for our family. Good luck!

Bernese Mountain Dog puppies For Sale 706-540-9738

6. aje196

aje196 Member

Oh and at the time we got our puppy, she'd mentioned that they had a 4 year old female they were considering rehoming because she was not a "worker". She said the rest of the their dogs love to put on the harnesses and help out, but Millie was not inclined to want to work so she had offered her as a possibility when we were trying to decide on adult or puppy.