New Shampoo talk

Discussion in 'Bernese Mountain Dog Grooming Forum' started by MOSmitty, Sep 7, 2015.

1. MOSmitty

MOSmitty New Member

I read the previous post regarding Shampoo's but since that was about a year and a half old, I thought I would raise the question again. Was wondering if anyone has had good luck with any new brands since that posting.

Our Berner is about 12 weeks old.

Thanks!!

2. Flying_Bear

Flying_Bear New Member

Been a big fan of the Burts Bees puppy shampoo and have been using it since we first brought him home. We just started using the oatmeal shampoo with conditioner. Seem to get good results although I've been curious about the Furminator brand.

3. MOSmitty

MOSmitty New Member

Thanks for your reply. We've been looking at a shampoo with great ratings on Amazon, called "Bubbas Groovy Bath Ultra Oatmeal Dog Shampoo-Conditioner". Anyone have any luck with that.

We will check out the Burts Bees product as well, we are a big fan of their products.

4. Flying_Bear

Flying_Bear New Member

Forgot to mention that we use their "waterless" sprays as well during the middle of the week, just spray it in and brush. During the beginning of spring Bear had a lot of scratching so we tried the anti-itch formula and it worked out great!

5. bernermom

bernermom Administrator Staff Member

We are looking or a hypo-allergenic shampoo of some kind. Emma gets soooooo itchy after being groomed. Even with extra rinsing. :(

6. Flying_Bear

Flying_Bear New Member

Burt's Bees - For Dogs

Feel like I'm advertising for them! Little more expensive but I feel like it's a reputable company for the puppy. They have hypoallergenic as well.

7. bernermom

bernermom Administrator Staff Member

I am sure they would appreciate you ! We had some of the Burts Bees deodorizing spray. I liked it but was afraid the scent was making her itch more. I try some of the shampoo. Thanks !!