Puppy always thirsty

Discussion in 'Bernese Mountain Dog Food Forum' started by Roger, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Roger

Roger Guest

Hi everyone!
    Our puppy has just come home. He is 11 weeks old. He seems to be always thirsty. Which is the correct amount of water for a puppy of his age? He was kept outside by the breeder, and now he lives inside the house, and I do not know if the higher temperature (outside is very cold) makes him want more water. I have a vet visit next week but I am a little worried! Thanks!

2. Annette5057

Annette5057 New Member

My puppy has always drank a lot. I never really measured just changed it several times a day and picked it up before bedtime while in training mode.

3. Roger

Roger Guest

Thank you

Today I asked to the vet, and she told me to let Roger drink as much as he wants!

4. EnzoTheBMD

EnzoTheBMD New Member

I have the same problem with my boy. Drinking a ton. I was worried and started looking for answers on Google. Sometimes I think it's the worst invention ever. I got all worked up it was "diabetes" and examining his pee....

But the weather is hot. 75-85+ Degrees.. Sometimes I have to think with my head than what a search engine tells me. To conclude, he was fine and the vet told me the same.