Puppy food at 11 weeks

Discussion in 'Bernese Mountain Dog Food Forum' started by bond, Sep 24, 2013.

1. bond

bond New Member

Hello, I am a little confused with choosing the correct food for my 11 week old Berner. At present I am feeding him Royal Canin giant puppy food which has a protein percentage of %34 but have heard that this is too high for a puppy. Could any one give advice please regarding which type of food would be best and whether it is best to put him on either a different type of Royal Canin or anything else? Much appreciated

2. CharlieBern

CharlieBern New Member

The ingredient list is most important, and you need to know how to interpret it. The first few should be quality meats, and I will never buy anything with by-products. Buy something specifically for large breeds. I feed my Berner Fromm Gold large breed, and have also had good luck with Wellness large breed.

If you have more specific questions feel free to message me. I've done a lot of research on the subject :)

3. dogspotindia

dogspotindia New Member

Royal Canin Giant Puppy food is the best suitable food for your dog. Because this food is made for the giant puupy so that all the nutrients are meet the nutritional requirement of the giant puppys.